Audio Unit Box Explorer
Since its announcement in 2015, the number of audio units (AUv3) released on iOS has increased extraordinarily! But this success has some drawbacks, having a great overview of your plugins has become much more difficult and most of the time everything is mixed up.
AUBE is the app you need to get your collection organised. It provides a great overview of your audio units, your effects and instruments are automatically listed and classified. Information such as group, categories and features, are already available for more than 1000 audio units! The AUBE database is regularly updated with new plugins released.
Information, favorites and tags
The detail view contains the information about the selected AUv3. When you tap the info button, you can also get the full description from the App Store product page.
To set an AUv3 as favorite, toggle the ★ button or long press the AUv3 icon on the dashboard/effects/instruments views (Quick Toggling). Tap the user tags button to show the tag editor where you can create or edit your tags.
There are two share buttons, tapping the share button on the detail view will create a badge containing the logo and the information of the selected AUv3. Tapping the share button on the dashboard view (top right corner) will create a badge containing the number of detected AUv3 and a list of your favorites. Sharing your badges is a very fun way to show the audio units you love the most!
You need to check AUBE | AUv3 Explorer app | haQ attaQ
AUBE Keyboard Extension
If your AUv3 host, such as Logic Pro, Loopy Pro, AUM, Drambo, Zenbeats or ApeMatrix, provides a search text field in their audio units list dialog, you can locate your audio units right away with the AUBE keyboard! This is the default keyboard usage, the magnifying glass button
- The audio units are grouped and classified by effects and instruments
- You can filter your collection by categories and/or by user tags
- If you are looking for more inspiration, tap the dice button to get a random AUv3!
- You can launch an AUv3 by re-tapping on the cell when the search and go status of the search text field is updated by the host
- The keyboard can be expanded and supports floating mode
To use the keyboard extension, long press the globe button 🌐 on your regular keyboad and select AUBE. The keyboard extension must be installed (see instruction below).
You can also use the AUBE keyboard extension in any text editor by toggling off the magnifying glass button
This mode is helpful when you share your creation and want to mention the audio units used. For example, in a forum, on social media, or when you prepare your YouTube video description.
- To keep your favorites, offloaded apps and user tags synced across your devices, iCloud must be enabled
- To generate badges and submit your unknown audio units, you must provide a name or a nickname (Min 4 characters)
- To install the AUBE Keyboard, press the button "Keyboard Extension Not Installed" and activate it in the settings
- If you are not sure, check that the keyboard is properly listed among others in the settings
- To use the keyboard, long press the globe button
- You must activate iCloud Keychain on each device to have your in-app purchase synchronized (See "Database Updates" below)
It is worth mentioning that...
- AUBE provides info about a lot of AUv3 available on the market, any unknown audio units will be moved to the default group section
- You can submit those unknown audio units via the page General, iCloud is required
- Submitting is a single export operation, any audio unit not referenced on the App Store will be ignored
- You cannot fill up the group, categories or features
- The submitted audio units will be classified by us and added to the AUBE database
Database (AUv3s classification info)
- The database available in AUBE already contains more than 1000 AUv3s!
- There are more and more AUv3 released frequently, the classification is not trivial and takes time
- The latest version of the database is included for FREE in each new AUBE app update provided via the App Store
- There is no schedule defined, a new AUBE app update is released when new features are added or bugs fixed
- You can purchase a 90 days access to the latest database versions on the AUBE store (In-app consumable purchase)
- Getting the latest version of the database via the AUBE store is quicker, and it's a great way to support AUBE :)
- In-app consumable purchase cannot be restored by StoreKit (Only available for non-consumables and other types)
- Despite this, AUBE ensures your in-app consumable purchase are available to all your devices as long as iCloud Keychain is activated on each device! This must be set before you tap the ‘Buy’ button in the AUBE store!
- If you already bought a database version on another device, don't tap the ‘Buy’ button. Dismiss the popover and wait for the iCloud Keychain syncing to finish. This is only valid if and only if iCloud Keychain was activated on each device!
- AUBE cannot access your App Store purchase history. It's restricted by Apple for obvious privacy and security reasons
- Your AUBE data are privately shared across your different devices via iCloud
- AUBE is not an AUv3, it does not make sounds! It's a standalone organizer app
- You cannot launch/run audio units in AUBE
- You cannot use the AUBE keyboard within an AUv3 host app which does not provide a search text field to locate audio units in a list
- Although AUBE is running on iOS 15.0, iOS 16.0 is required to create badges
- AUBE makes no warranties of any kind to the accuracy of the classification information provided
- Contact us if you find anything that's not correct
- User content: We collect the unknown audio units you voluntarily submit via AUBE (See Unknown AUv3 section above)
- The AUBE Keyboard is running on restricted access mode and does not track your keystrokes (no text input involved)